Frequently Asked Questions
- Highly qualified and experienced Team that speaks insurance and IT
- We are speedily in understanding your requirements and data and turn it into a business app enabled by the underlying Systemorph Cloud platform
- We have a rich set of available features to implement quickly a wide range solutions
- We provide a compelling cost-efficient platform
What problem and challenges does this solution solve?
- Comprehensive data-centric (incl. processes, validations, etc.) and report-oriented functionalities
- Super agile development
- Keep control of the business application near the business experts
Which capabilities and functions are implemented?
Features are subscription-based and are listed here.
Which interfaces exist in the IT processes?
- Change management is done with Git or Azure DevOps (Board, Pull Requests, etc.), setup according to clients’ needs
- Environments can be created and managed at a click
- Cyber Security Operations can be delegated to Systemorph, who provides a certificate (Part of the delivered service)
- Incident management is done with tools such as Git and Azure DevOps, setup according to clients’ needs. Systemorph can support as soon as client takes ownership
- Quality Assurance
How does the DevOps pipeline work?
Implemented with Git or Azure DevOps
How does versioning work?
- Git repository for code
- For data: leveraging of MSSQL features
How does the test structure work?
- Unit test layer, typically covering 80% of the functionality (e.g. business, reporting logic)
- Benchmarks based on mock data supplied by client (with the possibility that it is outsourced to Systemorph under T&M)
How does the deployment / releases work?
How does monitoring / overservability work?
- Detailed logging is available
- Also used for billing monitoring and issuing
How do lifecycle processes work?
- Systemorph libraries are released periodically and in a controlled fashion
- Release notes
How is the documentation?
Data: Integration patterns? Technologies? Limits?
- All libraries in the C# / .NET stack can be used
- Security Concept: We have extensive experience addressing each client’s needs (Firewalls, VPNs, KeyVault, etc.)
- Access Control: Intuitive User Interface allowing to assign membership to various role-groups (editor, reader, etc.) for the whole project or to each individual notebook
Are development and maintenance comprehensive and traceable?
Systemorph uses all the abilities of tools such as Git and Azure DevOps to guarantee that the clients’ Governance requirements are addressed and satisfied (code repository, boards, pull requests, pipelines, related rules and policies)
Who is responsible for the code, the libraries, and the licenses?
Typically, the client will own the code; Systemorph will ensure that libraries and related licenses are available
What is the Syntax used for coding in the notebooks? Is Python also supported?
- Python can be supported and can be prioritized based on clients’ requirements. Systemorph would be happy to do this in a test/pilot with the client
- Language extensions are provided by Systemorph’s libraries, including domain language (“like writing / reading English”)
- Additional data language extensions can be given to the client and/or defined by the users themselves